Waiting...just waiting :)

Well hello!!!  Forgive me for taking such a long leave of absence on you.  Life has been busy, as usual...and it's just January!  I knew I wanted to write today, but I really wasn't sure what to write about.  I figured there would be at least a few people waiting for the next installment of the Bullet, but only because they told me so, lol.  Then it hit me!  I'll write about waiting!  Goodness knows I've done enough of that today! For Pete's sake!  Y'all have waited 17 days for this post, hahaha!

Don't you just hate to wait?  Wait to see the doctor, wait to get prescriptions filled, wait to have tests run, wait for results, wait in line to drop off kids, wait to pick them up, wait in line at the grocery store, dollar store, Wally World...wait, wait, wait.  I wait for my check to be deposited, wait for the next pay day, wait for food to cook, wait for it to cool, wait for laundry to wash, and then for it to dry.  Wait to get married, wait to get single, wait for babies to be born, wait for them to walk, wait for them to grow up...then wish they were little and you could wait on them again.  Everything in the world requires a wait time, whether we like it or not.  In all that waiting, I decided there must be more to it than just to wait.  What is the purpose?  Why must we wait?

Obviously, there are many reasons why we wait.  The main one being because you can't make someone else go any faster than they are already going.  If you are in line and you have the slowest teller ever...your frustration, anger, and impatience are not going to make them work any faster than they already are.  Sometimes it actually causes the opposite reaction.  They go slower on purpose. And it's no secret that my attitude toward the waiting affects the wait time.  It goes by much faster when I'm not stewing about it.

Another reason we wait is because something just isn't ready.  Maybe food needs to cook, bones need to heal or hearts need to be ready.  If you try to eat the uncooked food, it is nowhere near as desirable as the cooked food is.  If you try to walk on an unhealed leg, you won't get far!  You will end up in the floor, and may even damage it further.  If you try to love before your heart is ready, it will never last. 

Isaiah 40:31 says "but they that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength."  That verse resonates within me on so many levels.  I've been through many life changing experiences that required waiting.  Sometimes waiting is excruciating!  Learning to walk again was one of the longest processes for me.  So was having a healed heart (figuratively speaking).  If I look back at those forever waits, waiting in line seems much less traumatic.  Should I truly examine it, waiting is a joy...a natural part of life.  And I'm alive, so that should make it not just bearable, but down right fantastic.  All that waiting to be able to walk unassisted on my own two feet was well worth the wait!  And waiting for my heart to heal and allowing God to send me just the right person to spend the rest of my life with will be more than worth the wait.  I'm actually excited to wait and see how He works all that out.  But right now, I'm just waiting till I can get some fudge brownie ice cream!  It keeps calling me from the freezer...but it's going to have to... ;)  WAIT!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????