Notes to myself...writing in my Bible.

I have written notes in my Bible since I was a teenager.  It started out innocently enough.  I would highlight or underline a passage that spoke to me.  Then, it became a spot to jot down sermon notes when I forgot my notebook.  Every once in a while I would doodle a little something in the corner so that page would stand out when I was flipping through.  Sometimes I would scribble a little reminder of what God had specifically spoke into my heart while reading a particular passage.  My old Bible is paper thin and falling apart, but I so love reading the notes and promises from years ago.  Many of those pastors whose messages so inspired me are long gone, but their insight into God's word lives on.

Fast Forward to now!  Today!  This afternoon my niece left me a note on my fb page stating that I simply MUST check out the Journaling Bible Community on FB!  Oh, my goodness!  It makes my little notes look like chicken scratch.  These amazingly creative folks have made Bible journaling an art form!  Shanna Noel actually has a give away going on this weekend for an awesome little Journaling Bible.  If you are interested (as I am)  Go check her out! http://shannanoel.blogspot.com/2014/08/journaling-bible-writing-in-margi.html  I am so looking forward to rethinking my Journaling process and seeing how God is going to use it to teach me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????

Waiting...just waiting :)