Does anybody really know me?

Have you ever had those times when you sit back and wonder if there is ANYBODY out there who really knows you, gets you, and loves you?  Every once in a while, I have those times...and this week was one of them.  Now, let me say that I have a great family and awesome friends.  Some who know me better than I know myself!  And it is AWESOME to have those friends who can uplift you when you are doubting yourself.  But sometimes it's still not quite enough.  We all want to know there is someone who knows us better than anyone else...who knows the real us way down underneath all those walls and smiles.  Who knows our hopes and fears, our dreams and purpose in life.  I have one very dear friend (KM) whom I can always count on to remind me of who I am in Christ and put me back in perspective.  However, even KM doesn't know it all, lol.  That being said, I'm so glad to tell you, there is ONE who does! :)

Psalm 139 has long been my favorite chapter in the Bible.  The psalmist David sets the stage in verses 1-4, "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down;  you are familiar with ALL my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord."  Wow!  Now that is knowing someone!  It reminds me of being a mother.  When my children were growing in my womb, I knew them!  It doesn't take long to learn their personalities in utero.  Emily was active and loved any kind of music or singing.  Jay was laid back and content to just chill inside my belly.  Natalie was hyper as all get out and would go crazy when loud music came on...dancing away in the tight confines of my overextended abdomen.  When they were born, I often knew what they needed before they did.  How awesome to know that our Heavenly Father knows us even better than that.  And rightly He should!  He created us!

Verses 13 and 14 state, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  Now, I don't know about you, but sometimes I do not feel very wonderfully made.  I feel a little too round in some areas, and not quite round enough in others.  But God doesn't make mistakes!  He created us in His image!  That alone makes us wonderful!  He gave me a strong body that has survived so many things, and a strong spirit that strives daily to lean on Him.  He gave me a bright mind to consider all these things, and talents with which to make a little living.  He has great plans for me!  He also gave me free will to believe in Him or not.  I choose to believe.  It's a choice day after day to lean on Him, depend on Him, and allow Him to work in me and through me.  I don't always make the right choices.  Sometimes I fall hard and make mistakes.  But even through this, He is taking care of me and giving me a path to redemption.

If we read on down to verses 23 and 24, David pleads, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  That's a daily thing for me.  I have to ask God multiple times a day, "God am I doing my best for you?  Have I done anything today that would hinder my witness?  Forgive me for saying this or doing that or for NOT saying this or doing that."  The amazing thing is...He does!  That is, as long as we are sincere in our asking.  And He knows whether or not we are sincere, lol.  Because he KNOWS us!  He knows ALLLLLL about us...and loves us anyway. 

Speaking of Love...check back for the next Bullet! This little post is the first installment of a three part series. 
God KNOWS Me ~ God LOVES Me ~ God has a PLAN!
I'm looking forward to our next meeting!  I can't wait to share God's love with you :D  Have a great weekend!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????

Waiting...just waiting :)