New Year's Eve and Rubber Bands!

It's New Year's Eve and my week long sabbatical has come to a screeching halt!  I hit the ground with both feet, and immediately started running...figuratively speaking, of course.  I haven't actually RAN in twenty years.  (Well there was that one time...we were burning off the field and the fire got away from us.  My then husband jumped the fence to try and stop it from hitting the woods, but his pants caught on the barbed wire.  He fell right next to the fire.  It didn't burn him, but it was so close that it singed his eyelashes!  This crippled woman physically ran trying to get to him.  It's amazing what adrenaline can do, lol.)  So, anyway.  I digress!  

Yesterday I had no idea that today would consist of anything but laying around the house.  All that changed pretty quickly :)  I'm babysitting today.  Natalie has been happy to have company!  A lady from church asked me to keep her eight year old while she did some work with her husband.  She got here around 9:30.  Some friends of mine from church asked me to take family pictures for them this morning while their family was in town.  So, we met them at the park around ten.  That was a lot of fun!  I really love taking pictures, but it's always so much more fun when you can visit and enjoy each others company.  :)  Natalie wanted Jerry J's, so we went there for lunch.  Of course, we ran into one of my bffs, Tina, and her family.  (Her grandparents insist on eating there every day, lol.)  That was GREAT to eat lunch with them.  Another friend called and asked if I could take her to pay bills, so we went and did that after lunch.  Finally got home about 2:00.  The girls have played and had a great time together.  I've done laundry, dishes, and played on facebook, lol.  My friend Daniel is preaching tonight, so I'm going to go sit in the congregation and heckle, I mean support, him, lol.  I'm actually really excited about hearing him preach.  He's so quiet!  He says he's shy.  I think he's just antisocial, lol.  But when he gets excited about God, there's no stopping him!  It should be a great night. 

It always amazes me how quickly my plans can change.  That used to unnerve me to no end.  I'd have my day planned, and then something would happen and everything would turn upside down.  It would literally take me a little while to switch gears.  I'm so glad I've grown into the "Me" I am now.  It takes a lot to unnerve me or get me riled up.  I have so much more patience!  (My kids might disagree with this!)  Seriously, though, God has really stretched me like a rubber band over the past few years.  He still stretches me all the time.  That's a good thing.  You have to be stretched in order to bounce back ;)  Which brings me to my actual POINT today.  (Hey, I already warned you how badly I ramble!  ;) ) 

Over the past twenty four hours I've heard several of my dear friends lamenting over being wronged by family members, friends, co-workers, etc.  I can empathize with all of them!  It's hard when someone you care about does things that hurt you, anger you, frustrate you.  They all had valid arguments.  But there comes a time when you just have to let things go.  Oh, I am so speaking from experience!  There was a time when I would have been the one hanging on to those things.  I'm not perfect!  I still have the exact same frustrations and trials and difficulties with the ones I love.  But I have allowed God to use those things to stretch me and teach me.  I've also learned (for the most part) how to let it go and move on.  That doesn't mean I've pushed those people out of my life.  I like to think I've learned how not to let it affect my relationships.  You either have to expect certain behaviors and not get offended when you are affected by them...or you distance yourself from those situations.  I don't think disagreements and offenses are enough to end most relationships.  With God's help, I've just learned to accept those relationships as they are....  Nobody is perfect, least of all ME.  I'm sure I bring out the same frustrations and irritations in other people.  I do pray that whatever my reaction to those situations, that others will see God in me.  He's done so much work on me and in me...I'd like to know that it has paid off and shines through :D

So, tomorrow is a New Year!  How exciting!!!  We get to start all over, work on making ourselves better people, and face new challenges and experiences.  I'd like to propose we all take the Rubber Band Challenge!  Face each experience as an opportunity to be stretched.  Let God use all those challenges to make you even better and stronger......and more patient with others.  I mean, think about it!  Being a rubber band is GREAT!  Rubber bands hold everything together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????

Waiting...just waiting :)