Empress Gouda the First!

Good Morning!  Woke up a little after four a.m. and I'm still awake.  Ugh! I hate it when I do that!  Especially since it was almost midnight when I went to sleep.  Anyway...as I was lying there trying to go back to sleep, my mind bounced around like one of those little rubber balls you get out of the quarter machines.  I prayed for a little while, mentally arranged my week, and thought about going to the early church service (honestly just so I could dress down since I really need new clothes that fit my more voluptuous (read, increasingly plumper) body).  I listened to Matthew 4 on my phone.  I thought about how much I need to do laundry today.  I checked Facebook!  I tried to go back to sleep, lol.

As I tossed and turned, my mind shifted back and forth over all the things I want to accomplish this year.  I've been mentally working on what I need to do to prepare for what lies ahead.  I have a book to write.  I have artwork to get started on.  I have some ideas that my metal man and I want to work on to get some new products out this year.  I've been trying to plan out how to market myself.  And I realized...I AM CRAZY!  If I sit back and think of allllll the things I want, need, HAVE to do...I am insane.  And that's alright!  The New Year gives us an opportunity to start fresh.  It's up to us to figure out what we're going to do with it.  I am indeed crazy to think I can accomplish all of the things I want to do this year.  I probably won't.  That's life.  But I'm going to try!  I say all the time, life is what you make of it. 

About the time I came to this conclusion, my great friend David Moody sent me a message on fb asking for a link to this new blog of mine, lol.  I got up and sent it to him (my phone has it's limitations, ya know.)  We started talking about the blog and I warned him that it was going to be cheesy as heck...'cause I am the queen cheese, and that's how I roll, lol.  He dubbed me Empress Gouda the First.  I like it.  It fits!  :D  It's always nice to start the New Year with a title.  I think everybody needs one ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????

Waiting...just waiting :)