Finding my passion...to trust and obey.

Last night our pastor taught on Matters of the Heart.  He preached from Nehemiah 1, and how Nehemiah had a passion for Jerusalem.  So much so that he cried when he learned of Jerusalem's devastation.  He couldn't rest until he, himself, was able to rally folks together and rebuild his beloved city.

As Pastor Jerry  taught on this, he asked us three questions.


1.  What is your passion?


2.  What are you doing about it?


3.  Have you repented for not doing it?


I had to sit there and ask myself, what IS my passion?  I honestly didn't know.  He broke those three questions down, and focused on question 2.  Here are my notes.


2.  What are you doing about it?

*What I am passionate about:
-I am willing to change.
-I will work to improve.
-Will bring me to a place that people will question me about it.
-I will share about it.
-I will pursue.

Now, I have several talents that God has blessed me with.  Talents that I use to bless others, and it in turn blesses me.  Talents that bring in extra income.  I thought about my photography, my painting, my writing, my singing.  I love all of those things.  But, not one of those things could be applied to all of those questions.  Sitting here working on my blog this morning, God showed me what I am truly passionate about.  Being obedient to Him.  Go back and read through my blogs or my facebook, and you will see the daily struggle with being fully obedient.  I most definitely am passionate about being obedient to my Lord and Savior.  I am constantly trying to change and do better.  I continually work to improve my ability to obey His word.  People DO come and ask me about times in my life where I had to obey Him, in spite of my not knowing where He is taking me.  I share about it daily.  I pursue obedience with all I have.  I always repent when I'm not doing what I know I'm supposed to do.  Am I perfect?  Obviously not.  Do I succeed all the time?  Of course not.  Otherwise I'd have nothing to write about, hehehe.  The important thing is that I try.


I'm not sure this is where Pastor was going when He preached this sermon last night.  Maybe it was.  However, it was very enlightening for me to see that, with all the gifts God has given me, being obedient (which is what all Christians are supposed to do) was where my passion lies.  The talents can come and go.  So can the gifts.  My being a good and faithful servant should never change.  So, I am yet again reminded NOT to stress about where God is taking me.  Today I finally found my passion.  I will trust and obey.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????

Waiting...just waiting :)