God cares about little girls and flip flops. :)

One day this week, my Natalie (7 years old) and I were pulling up to the Post Office.  My mind wasn't even at the Post Office, but more on the kazillion things I'm behind on.  Out of the back seat, I could hear Natalie carrying on a one sided conversation.  It went something like this.  "Oh, hey!...Really?! (said as an excited squeal)...YAY!!!!....Can I tell Momma?...Tell her now?...Ok, thanks!...Yep, I love you, too."  I admit, I was only vaguely interested.  You know how imaginative kids are.  But then, she piped up from the back seat and informed me that God had told her she had a package at home, and we needed to hurry and get there.  I let her check the mail right quick, and didn't even have to chide her to hurry, lol.  

On the quick drive home, Natalie wondered aloud what could be in her package.  I had ordered her a few things, so I knew it was possible that she did have a package.  However, I hadn't told her I'd ordered anything, so SHE didn't know about it.  Until now!  :)  As we pulled onto our street, the UPS man pulled out behind us.  He proceeded to follow us to our house.  Natalie hopped out, met him at the curb, and waited with unbridled excitement.  They had a little chit chat, and he was told of her conversation with God.  He smiled a big smile and told her it was a good thing she listened!  She was right on time!  He handed her the package, we said our goodbyes, and that little Princess yelled to the world..."THANK YOU GOD!  Oh, and thank you Momma!"  LOL.  She has her priorities in order for sure!

What amazing thing could have been in that package?  Honestly, nothing of true importance.  There were three pairs of flip flops and a little something I had purchased for her birthday.  I love to buy her at least a few pairs of flip flops from the Disney Store when they are on sale.  They are well made and super cute.  When they are on sale, they are cheaper than other discount stores!  That's really beside the point.  There was something much greater in that package.  A promise from God himself.  A promise that something was waiting for her.  A promise that He was going to provide...even little things like flip flops.  

That all sounds pretty presumptuous, but it's true.  God DID provide those flip flops.  I've prayed about those things, lol.  Living in the south, flip flops are a wardrobe necessity.  Especially for little girls who lose them all the time.  We can't have just one pair, because at any given time half of that pair is missing.  I prayed they'd have her size, that they'd be on sale, and that I'd have the money to purchase them.  Silly?  It's true.  I did and He provided.

Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God will meet all of your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus."

He always does.  Even flip flops.  Yet, He provides soooo much more!  He provides relationship with Him.  He's no respecter of person or age.  In Matthew 10:14 He said to "suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for such is the kingdom of God."  I'm so thankful that my child knows she can go to God for anything.  I'm so thankful that she knows His voice and is obedient to it.  Oh, to have that childlike faith, to hear His voice and not doubt.  It was a reminder to me to trust Him always, even with the small things.  

My Momma's heart is smiling today.  My baby knows her Savior's voice and heeds it.  She didn't question.  She didn't doubt.  She trusted and obeyed.  I've thought about my own role in this.  What if I had dismissed it?  What if I had gone about my day and NOT gone home when she told me to.  I forget the importance of my own role sometimes.  The drudgery of dishes, bills, laundry, and school work can overwhelm this mom.  Especially when I'm plagued with my own physical pain and limitation.  I often wonder if I'm doing a good job raising her to trust God, when there are so many days I find it hard to trust Him myself.  This moment in time reminded me yet again to continue to trust Him, let Him do the worrying, and just obey.  God really does care!  Even about small things like little girls and flip flops.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????

Waiting...just waiting :)