Trying to appreciate...Being Still!

~Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

A few months ago, God started sending me this verse.  He has actually sent it to me off and on for years, especially when I was facing health issues or major life decisions.  Well, last fall (when this latest bout of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome started setting in), I started getting reminders daily.  On my birthday in January, God sent it to me multiple times!  Since then, the reminders have continued.  Often more than one time a day.  I have already received it through a friend's post, just this morning!

There is another verse that God has been sending me repeatedly (and again, one that He has used to encourage me every single time I battle with doubt about my life and where I am in it.)  It was in the exact same post!!!  Talk about God's timing!

~Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

To some of you, these may just seem like words.  But for me, they are promises.  Anyone who has gone through any type of trial knows the importance of a Godly promise of life getting "better".  I have a wonderful life.  Believe me.  I KNOW that!  God has blessed me abundantly more than I deserve.  But, I am human.  I am physically weak from this very long, debilitating bought of CFS (in addition to my other physical limitations).  I'm emotionally spent from being in a constant state of exhaustion and/or pain.  I'm Spiritually exhausted for the same reasons.  It would have been easy to throw in the towel and just resign myself to a life of being an invalid.  And, though there are days when I am exactly that, being an invalid is NOT God's will for my life!  He has BETTER plans!

So, where do I go from here?  Well, there's nowhere I can go that God won't be there.  He's right where I am.

"Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you."
~Psalm 139:7-12 NIV

How amazing is that promise!  When I am happy, He is here.  When I'm lost in the darkness of pain and sadness, He is there as well.  How lovely to have a God who meets me in my need.  So, for now, I stay right where I am and try to bloom where I'm planted.  Even when I'm having to rest on the couch, or lie flat on my back in bed.  I'll continue to hang on to His promises...the knot at the end of my rope.  I'll hold fast to His word, and cherish each little reminder He sends my way.  I'll rest in Him.  Physically, Spiritually, Emotionally...I'll be still.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan? What plan? Me? Have a PLAN????

Waiting...just waiting :)